Searching for the answer on how to fix uneven pecs and want to correct your chest muscle imbalance then my friend your are at the right place . You will never get the information provided here anywhere on the internet. Even i was searching on internet six years back and i didn’t get the authentic information on fixing uneven pecs, after reading lots of anatomy books and through the self assessment i was able to fix my uneven pecs and correct all my body muscle imbalances and through this post i want to tell you that fixing muscle imbalance will be easy if you understand the science on how human bio-mechanics work. Lets start first by understanding what does exactly meant to have uneven pecs or to have muscles imbalances in chest
Understanding uneven pecs and chest muscle imbalances in detail
In simple words uneven pecs is that one side of your chest is bigger compared to other or to be more correct one side of your chest muscles are more stronger compared to other. Most of the cases right side chest muscles are bigger than the left for the obvious reason that most of people in the world are right handed. There will be few cases were people will have left side chest muscles bigger then right. Now let us understand more in detail.
Example for Right side chest is stronger then left side
Lets understand which muscles are strong and which muscles are weak. for example if you are right side dominant obviously you will have right side chest muscles stronger and left side chest muscles are weak. If i want to explain in Anatomy language your right side pec major and pec minor is more stronger and left side pecs are weak vice versa. Even you get this information everywhere but you don’t know that you will have right back muscles weak and left back muscles more stronger this is the key point that you need to understand if you want to fix your uneven pecs this secret information you will not get anywhere on internet. The muscles in the back on the right side that are weak are Rhomboids, Lats, Mid trapezius and lower trapezius and the same muscles on the left side are stronger its vice versa. In simple words in order to correct your muscle imbalances in chest you must know the strong muscles and weak muscles, now let us get in more detail.
What is the function of chest muscles ? its to push some weight away from your body now just imagine you are pushing something or doing dumbbell bench press with your right hand, If you want to fix your muscle imbalance you need to understand here that there are many group of muscles involved to do that pushing movement that include your shoulder muscles as well so you need to identify the synergistic muscle groups which helps the pecs and also identify the antagonist muscle group that work against the pec muscles to fix uneven pecs. Before knowing what exercises you should do to fix uneven pecs lets understand other symptoms of chest muscle imbalances.
Chest muscle imbalance symptoms
- One side of chest bigger then other
- After workout feeling soaring/Pain more on the stronger side
- Shoulder Pain
- Chest pain
- Pain in Rhomboids and Excess tension on Trapezius muscles causing headaches
- Inhibition of Antagonist muscles
- Uneven rib cage tilt
- Functional Scoliosis
- Sweating more one the stronger side
- Temporomandibular disorder (TMD or TMJ)
Causes of uneven pecs and chest muscle imbalance
- Dominant side – Obvious the main reason for chest muscle imbalance is that you are dominant on one side of your body.
- Excess One sided rotational movements – Sports that involve rotational movements like cricket and tennis were you do lot of rotational movements and while doing this movements will cause uneven pec development. Rotational movement include picking the ball and throwing, playing pull shots etc.
- Improper Stretching exercises – Human body is one side dominant its okay but what increases the muscle imbalances is the improper and incorrect stretching exercises or not stretching after workout. Muscles are like rubber if you stretch your muscle for less then 60 seconds it will shrink and compress more which will be opposite of stretching. so do stretching exercises after workout and stretch more then 60 seconds.
- Poor form – If you do any exercise and if you don’t keep your spine straight you are giving invitation to muscle imbalance.
What if you don’t fix uneven pecs or correct chest muscle imbalances ?
If you have uneven pecs and you don’t correct i am very sure you will injury your shoulder during workouts . Most of the injuries that are caused while doing bodybuilding or weight lifting exercises are due to muscle imbalances . Muscle imbalances in chest will cause the uneven tension in the muscles and it can cause bone dislocation, shoulder impingement and muscle tear. Frankly speaking if you have uneven pectoral muscles and you don’t involve in workouts just because you don’t want to get injured but in long terms when you become old you will have chest and shoulder pain, so its always better to correct as soon as you come to know about muscle imbalance anywhere in the body.
Exercises to fix uneven pecs and correct chest muscle imbalance
Many people have asked me that do we need a personal trainer to fix the muscle imbalances ? or can we fix uneven chest at home ? answer is yes there is no need of personal trainer and also no need to go gym you can fix at home. I see many people on YouTube telling if you need to fix your muscle imbalance you need to workout your weaker side more then the stronger it can help you but it will take years to correct. If you want to correct like within a month it is 100% possible but for that you need to understand the science of muscle imbalance because everyone has muscle imbalance based upon there habits which needs to be identified to correct. Here i will tell you some exercises to help you correct your muscle imbalance. Please note this exercises has to be done in the sequence provided below. If you want to understand the science of muscle imbalance, I have written a book Human Bio-mechanics optimization were it is discussed in more detail and it is written in very easy language were anybody can understand.
Exercises for the uneven chest muscles were right side is stronger then left
Stretching Exercises first
- Stretching Pec Major, Pec minor (Right side) more then 60 Seconds to 5 Minutes
- Stretching Biceps and triceps (Right side) more then 60 Seconds to 5 Minutes.
- Stretching Lats (Left side)
- Stretching Rhomboids, Mid and lower trapezius (Left side)
Strengthening Exercises second
- Strengthening Lats, Rhomboids and trapezius muscles with Rowing exercises (Right side)
- Strengthening Pec major and pec minor by one sided push ups by rotating your body (Left side)
Above Exercises should help you in fixing your uneven chest but i recommend you check my eBook or order paperback of Human Bio-mechanics optimization which is available on amazon at very affordable price . Once you understand the science behind muscle imbalance then you can start getting results and balanced body from day 1 (Trust Me).